The Engineering Library building is CLOSED. All UW Libraries - Seattle, Bothell, and Tacoma - are closed until further notice. Libraries buildings will remain closed to the public during Phase 2.While the Engineering Library building is closed, librarians and staff are working remotely.
Engineering Library Information Resources / Reference and Research Help:
- Visit the Engineering Library website for information, research guides, online resources and materials, and databases.
- Reference and research help: use the AskUs button on the Engineering Library or UW Libraries website to contact us via email or chat online with a librarian.
- Librarians and Libraries staff remain available to help students and faculty access online resources and support online learning and research.
Patent and Trademark Research Assistance / Patent and Trademark Research Center (PTRC):
- Visit our Patent and Trademark Information page with links to U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) information and our Patent and Trademark Information/Search Guides.
- Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use a question form to receive a response via email.
Engineering Library / UW Libraries Collections - Circulation Changes:
- No Contact Pick-Up Service is available - request items online and pick-up at the designated library on each campus.
- Returning items, Renewing Books Online, Fines: See the UW Libraries COVID-19 Updates page.
- Interlibrary Loan continues to fill requests for articles and book chapters. Any requests that cannot be filled with electronic resources will be requested from other libraries - this includes scans, but not physical materials at this time.
- Access to e-resources: UW Libraries provides a wide range of e-resources including temporary access to over 1 million additional electronic books and resources through our HathiTrust partnership.
UW Libraries COVID-19 Updates - information concerning UW Libraries' modified services, current status of Libraries re-opening and operations, and response to COVID-19, including remote access to online resources and services and guidance for users: https://www.lib.washington.edu/coronavirus