The Engineering Library building is CLOSED.While the Engineering Library building is closed, librarians and staff are working remotely.
Engineering Library Information Resources / Reference and Research Help:
- Visit the Engineering Library website for information, research guides, online resources and materials, and databases.
- Reference and research help: use the AskUs button on the Engineering Library or UW Libraries website to contact us via email or chat online with a librarian.
- Librarians and Libraries staff remain available to help students and faculty access online resources and support online learning and research.
Patent and Trademark Research Assistance / Patent and Trademark Research Center (PTRC):
- Visit our Patent and Trademark Information page with links to U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) information and our Patent and Trademark Information/Search Guides.
- Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use a question form to receive a response via email.
- Online training, webinars, information sessions, and virtual events are also available from the USPTO.
Engineering Library / UW Libraries Collections - Circulation Changes:
- No Contact Pick-Up Service is available - request items online and pick-up at the designated library on each campus.
- Returning items, Renewing Books Online, Fines: See the UW Libraries COVID-19 Updates page.
- Interlibrary Loan continues to fill requests for articles and book chapters. Any requests that cannot be filled with electronic resources will be requested from other libraries - this includes scans, but not physical materials at this time.
- Access to e-resources: UW Libraries provides a wide range of e-resources including temporary access to over 1 million additional electronic books and resources through our HathiTrust partnership.
UW Libraries COVID-19 Updates - information concerning UW Libraries' modified services, current status of Libraries re-opening and operations, and response to COVID-19, including remote access to online resources and services and guidance for users: https://www.lib.washington.edu/coronavirus